PreK-12 Testing Market Forecast 2019-2020
PreK-12 Testing Market Forecast 2019-2020 provides an overview of the K-12 academic testing market and its two key segments: high-stakes statewide testing and classroom assessments, including interim, benchmark, and formative assessment purchased by districts, schools, and classroom teachers.
The focus of the report is an analysis of the trends following the passage of the Every Student Succeeds Act, the latest reauthorization of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act. ESSA puts a focus on:
- local decision-making,
- the creation of innovative new tests that better reflect the new state standards that followed the short-lived but impactful Common Core movement,
- more flexibility in how student and school progress is measured,
- a goal of balanced assessment systems that feature an interrelated web of summative, interim/benchmark, and formative tests.
Within the two testing categories, Simba breaks down the sizing for online and paper/pencil testing. Segment sizing estimates begin with 2017-2018 and continue with projections through 2023.
Segments of this report are illuminated with case studies from Arizona, Fairfax County (VA) Public Schools, Georgia, Kentucky, Nebraska, and Vermont.
Topics covered include:
- State and federal policy changes regarding testing
- Progress in online testing
- A state-by-state listing of primary contractors for accountability tests
- State participation in classroom assessment
- Integration of assessment and curriculum
- Growth of computer-adaptive assessment
- Use of performance assessment