Moving Online: K-12 Distance Learning Market Forecast 2010
Specifically for this report, Simba Information partnered with leading education market research firm Market Data Retrieval to conduct a survey of public school- and district-level administrators on their current use of and their plans for implementing online courses through 2012.
Survey topics include:
- The percent of students taking online courses,
- The breakdown of online courses among grade levels,
- The most popular subjects of courses offered online,
- Funding and cost estimates
- Use of leading commercial vendors for online course offerings and platforms,
- Types of instructional materials most widely used in online courses.
The data and analysis in Moving Online: K-12 Distance Learning Market Forecast 2010 is designed to provide usable guidance on where implementation of online courses is growing the fastest, what factors are driving that growth and the current and future opportunity for marketers and developers of products and services for the school market.
Moving Online: K-12 Distance Learning Market Forecast 2010 also provides state and district case studies to personalize the trends and opportunities available through the implementation of online courses.
Among the topics covered in the report are:
- The size and structure of the online course segment in the K-12 market,
- What elements of online courses are making their way into traditional classrooms,
- The leading providers of online courses and services,
- How online models are widening access to more challenging courses, opening pathways for credit recovery, expanding instructional resources for struggling students and facilitating a bridge from high school to higher education.
Moving Online: K-12 Distance Learning Market Forecast 2010 is an essential tool for publishing, editorial, marketing, business development and investment professionals responsible for creating strategies to harness the potential for online learning.