Global Scientific & Technical Publishing 2017-2021
Attention: There is an updated edition available for this report.
Published Sep 20, 2017 | 62 Pages | Pub ID: CURP15345274
Global Scientific & Technical Publishing 2017-2021In today’s global market, it’s more important than ever to understand the dynamics of STM publishing. Rely on Simba’s Global Scientific & Technical Publishing 2017-2021 to build your growth plan for this year and beyond.Scientific and technical (S&T) publishing is a $9.9 billion industry whose market leaders enjoy high double-digit profit margins. The foundation of the STM market is the scholarly journal, which is examined in depth in this report as one of five content delivery channels along with
- Online content
- Abstracting and indexing
- Other activities.
- Simba’s exclusive analysis of market size and structure
- Perspective on which scientific and technical publishing products and services customers want most
- Revenue and market share rankings of 10 leading global publishers
- Geographic market sizing for the four major regional markets: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Rest of World
- Simba’s exclusive market projections to 2021 by publishing activity and more.
Trends Covered Include:
- Open Access Grows, Brings More Regulation
- Big Deals Remain the Industry Standard
- The Impact of Political and Economic Uncertainty
- Consolidation Trend Sees Thomson Reuters Exit
- Globalization Changes the Face of S&T Publishing
- Big Data, Open Data and Mobility Are Making Deep Learning a Reality
- Altmetrics and Reference Tools Are In Demand.
Simba’s professional publishing market figures are global in scope. It’s a global market and the competition does not conform to lines on a map. This report, and the others in the series, is produced to help executives make decisions in this environment.
Simba has a knowledge base from more than 20 years worth of perspective on these markets. This is not a static industry. It’s one that’s affected by rapid changes in technology, the economy, mergers, partnerships and public policy and library budgets. Simba’s experienced analysts and their rigorous coverage is the bedrock for these reports.