State of College Course Materials 2016-2017
Attention: There is an updated edition available for this report.
Published Oct 11, 2017 | 55 Pages | Pub ID: CURP15503836
State of College Course Materials 2016-2017The College Course Materials Market Trends & Forecast annual reports from Simba Information provide an overview of the changing market for instructional resources in higher education in the U.S. This new edition continues that tradition in two parts. The first part, State of College Course Materials 2016—2017, is now available and focuses on two main areas: the current market landscape and the competitive environment for publishers and distributors of instructional resources for college programs.
In State of College Course Materials 2016—2017, Simba Information examines the changing dynamics of the higher education market that impact the industry and how the industry is responding.
Topics covered in of College Course Materials 2016—2017 include:
- Student enrollment by institutional type, 2015
- Changing shape of the for-profit career-college market segment
- Growth in appeal of distance learning for college students
- State fiscal support for higher education in fiscal 2017
- Outlook for federal student aid and expanding access, fiscal 2017 and fiscal 2018
- Course materials sales by segments for 2015 and 2016with 2017 projections
- Changing balance of print and digital media
- Impact of open educational resources (OER) on publishers and distributors
- Powerful relevance of textbook rental programs
- Competitive analysis of four leading course materials providers
- Growth of publisher ecommerce channels