Scholarly & Professional E-Book Publishing 2018-2022
Electronic books are one of the fastest growing segments of scholarly and professional publishing. E-books offer creative possibilities for expanding access as well as changing learning behavior and academic research. Content can always be accessible, regardless of time or place, to be read on PCs or on portable book readers. Books need never go out of print, and new editions can be easily created.
Scholarly & Professional E-Book Publishing 2018-2022 provides an overview and financial outlook for the global scholarly and professional e-book publishing markets based on specific research and analysis of the leading competitors’ performance. Company performance is projected through 2018. The overall market is divided into law, science and technology, medical, social science and humanities and business publishing. Market categories are projected through 2022.
Scholarly & Professional E-Book Publishing 2018-2022 contains separate chapters covering the market, key competitors, and trends and forecast that include:
- Simba’s exclusive analysis of market size and structure
- Revenue and market share rankings of 10 leading global publishers
- Profiles of the five leading e-book aggregators
- Geographic market sizing for the four major regional markets: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Rest of World
- Simba’s exclusive market projections to 2019 by subject area and more.
- Key differences between scholarly-professional e-books and trade e-books
- Cooperation among publishers and between publishers and aggregators
- Mobile and tablet usage has brought e-books into new settings
- The “journalization” of books
- The “long tail” and rebirth of the monograph
- Patron-driven and demand-driven acquisition
- Digital Rights Management, copyright and pricing models.
Simba’s e-book market figures are global in scope. It’s a global market. If you’re competing in one or all of these segments, the competition does not conform to lines on a map. This report, and the others in the series, is produced to help executives make decisions in this environment.
Search for an exact word or phrase by placing the word or phrase in quotation marks ("market trend"). Search for different versions or tenses of a word by placing an asterisk at the end of the word (pharma*).
Please note that your term must be at least three characters long and numbers will be blocked by the # sign.