Publishing for the PreK-12 Market 2019-2020
Publishing for the PreK-12 Market 2019-2020 addresses the opportunities in the Prek-12 school market and the strategies at work in the industry that provides instructional materials to schools.
Simba Information defines the major segments of instructional materials industry—core basal curriculum, courseware, state-level tests, digital supplements, print supplements, manipulatives, trade books, video and classroom magazines—and sizes the individual segments and the overall instructional materials industry, which Simba projects will reach $9 billion in 2019.
Publishing for the PreK-12 Market 2019-2020 provides the most up-to-date data on enrollment and policy changes at the state and federal levels that are reshaping the school landscape in which publishers and providers of instructional resources are competing.
Other topics in Publishing for the PreK-12 Market 2019-2020 include:
- Drivers of and challenges to growth by segment—including cyclical nature of instructional materials adoption, incursions by OER, and where start-up ventures are focusing their energies;
- Latest enrollment and market data for public, private, charter schools students and those attending home schools and virtual schools;
- Up-to-date policy initiatives at the state and federal levels;
- Trends in state and federal funding for education;
- The pace of the uptake of courseware and digital supplements in schools;
- Trends in mergers and acquisitions in the educational publishing/ed-tech industry;
- Exclusive 2018 instructional materials adoption data;
- Competitive analyses of 13 leading publishers: Cambium Learning Group, Cengage (National Geographic Learning), Discovery Education, Goodheart-Willcox, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, K12 Inc., McGraw-Hill Education, Pearson, Renaissance, Rosetta Stone, Scholastic, School Specialty, and Scientific Learning.
- Market segment projections through 2022.
- K-12 Math Use and Outlook Report, 2019
- PreK-12 Instructional Materials Industry Competitive Analysis 2019
- 2018 National Instructional Materials Adoption Scorecard and 2019 outlook