Publishing for PreK-12 Market 2018-2019
Publishing for the PreK-12 Market 2017-2018
Publishing for the PreK-12 Market 2018-2019 addresses the challenges and opportunities in the PreK-12 school market and examines the strategies publishers are putting into effect and the new products that are emerging to meet the changes in the school market landscape.
Publishing for the PreK-12 Market 2017-2018 provides the most up-to-date data on enrollment and policy changes at the state and federal levels that are reshaping the school landscape in which publishers and providers of instructional resources are competing.
Simba Information defines the major segments of instructional materials industry—core basal curriculum, courseware, state-level tests, digital supplements, print supplements, manipulatives, trade books, video and classroom magazines—and sizes the individual segments and the overall instructional materials industry, which Simba projects will reach $8.62 billion in 2018.
Publishing for the PreK-12 Market 2018-2019 is the latest edition of Simba’s annual comprehensive overview of the PreK-12 market and the instructional materials providers that serve it.
Topics in Publishing for the PreK-12 Market 2018-2019 include:
- Market size by media segment: basal core curriculum, courseware, digital supplements, print supplements, manipulatives, trade books, video, classroom magazines and state summative tests;
- Drivers of and challenges to growth by segment—including cyclical nature of instructional materials adoption, incursions by OER, and where start-up ventures are focusing their energies;
- Changing demographics of U.S. students;
- Trends in state funding for education;
- The cyclical nature of school purchasing by subjects;
- The pace of the uptake of courseware and digital supplements in schools;
- Detailed market data on schools—public, private, charter, home schools, and virtual schools;
- Trends in mergers and acquisitions in the educational publishing/ed-tech industry;
- Exclusive 20167 instructional materials adoption data;
- Competitive analyses of 13 leading publishers—including two new publishers: Cambium Learning Group, Cengage (National Geographic Learning), Discovery Education, Goodheart-Willcox, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, K12 Inc., McGraw-hill Education, Pearson, Renaissance, Rosetta Stone, Scholastic, School Specialty, and Scientific Learning.;
- Market segment projections through 2021.
Search for an exact word or phrase by placing the word or phrase in quotation marks ("market trend"). Search for different versions or tenses of a word by placing an asterisk at the end of the word (pharma*).
Please note that your term must be at least three characters long and numbers will be blocked by the # sign.