Global Scientific & Technical Publishing 2021-2025
Scientific and technical (S&T) publishing is a $10.5 billion industry whose market leaders enjoy double-digit profit margins. The foundation of the business is the scholarly journal, which is examined in depth in this report as one of five content delivery channels along with: books, online content, abstracting and indexing and other activities.
Global Scientific & Technical Publishing 2021-2025 contains separate chapters covering the market, key competitors, and trends and forecast that include:
- Simba’s exclusive analysis of market size and structure
- Revenue and market share rankings of 10 leading global publishers
- Geographic market sizing for the four major regional markets: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Rest of World
- Simba’s exclusive market projections to 2025 by publishing activity.
- Leading Publisher forecast for 2021.
- The number of new peer reviewed journals launched by year 2017 to present in key scientific & technical subjects: Technology & Engineering, Biological Science & Agriculture, Earth, Space & Environmental Science, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics.
- The number of new scholarly and professional books published per year 2018-2020 for all professional and scholarly titles, technology and engineering, science general and computers.
- Underling growth leaders in scientific and technical publishing.
- Analysis of competitor books and journal title counts showing the leading subject areas for individual publishers.
- Analysis of three years of merger and acquisition activity.
- A round up of consortia and university library big deal cancelations, a la carte replacements and transformative agreements.
- Journal price increase forecast.
- Growth in article’s funded for 22 largest science funders worldwide and analysis of the leading publishers by funding body.
- Research and development spending trend and forecast for the top 15 countries.
- Technical, Scientific & Professional Book Import/Export Trends 2017-2021.
Simba’s professional publishing market figures are global in scope. It’s a global market and the competition does not conform to lines on a map. This report, and the others in the series, is produced to help executives make decisions in this environment.
Simba has a knowledge base from more than 25 years worth of perspective on these markets. This is not a static industry. It’s one that’s affected by rapid changes in technology, the economy, mergers, partnerships and public policy and library budgets. Simba’s experienced analysts and their rigorous coverage is the bedrock for these reports.
Search for an exact word or phrase by placing the word or phrase in quotation marks ("market trend"). Search for different versions or tenses of a word by placing an asterisk at the end of the word (pharma*).
Please note that your term must be at least three characters long and numbers will be blocked by the # sign.