Global Scientific & Technical Publishing 2019-2023
Scientific and technical (S&T) publishing is a $10 billion industry whose market leaders enjoy double-digit profit margins. The foundation of the business is the scholarly journal, which is examined in depth in this report as one of five content delivery channels along with: books, online content, abstracting and indexing and other activities.
Global Scientific & Technical Publishing 2019-2023 contains separate chapters covering the market, key competitors, and trends and forecast that include:
- Simba’s exclusive analysis of market size and structure
- Revenue and market share rankings of 10 leading global publishers
- Geographic market sizing for the four major regional markets: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Rest of World
- Simba’s exclusive market projections to 2023 by publishing activity.
- Leading Publisher forecast for 2019.
- The number of new peer reviewed journals launched by year 2015 to present in key scientific & technical subjects: Technology & Engineering, Biological Science & Agriculture, Earth, Space & Environmental Science, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics.
- The number of new scholarly and professional books published per year 2016-2018 in key scientific & technical subjects. Technology, General Science, Archeology, Chemistry, Communications Engineering, Electronics Engineering.
- Underling growth leaders in scientific and technical publishing
- Analysis of competitor books and journal title counts showing the leading subject areas for individual publishers.
- Analysis of Library content spending trends
- A round up of consortia and university library big deal cancelations.
- Research and development spending trend and forecast for the top 15 countries
- Tertiary Education Graduates in Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics by regional geography 2008-2028.
- Technical, Scientific & Professional Book Import/Export Trends 2015-2018
Simba’s professional publishing market figures are global in scope. It’s a global market and the competition does not conform to lines on a map. This report, and the others in the series, is produced to help executives make decisions in this environment.
Simba has a knowledge base from more than 20 years worth of perspective on these markets. This is not a static industry. It’s one that’s affected by rapid changes in technology, the economy, mergers, partnerships and public policy and library budgets. Simba’s experienced analysts and their rigorous coverage is the bedrock for these reports.
Search for an exact word or phrase by placing the word or phrase in quotation marks ("market trend"). Search for different versions or tenses of a word by placing an asterisk at the end of the word (pharma*).
Please note that your term must be at least three characters long and numbers will be blocked by the # sign.