K-12 Technology Tools & Trends 2012
For this report, Simba Information partnered with the education market research firm MCH Strategic Data on an Internet survey to gather information on how schools currently use technology tools and their future plans to implement them.
The results of the survey are bolstered by in-depth interviews, case studies and the insight of Simba Information analysts to examine the current impact technology on curriculum and instruction, as well as what educators envision for the future.
- What technology tools are being deployed in the classroom;
- How much time is spent using technology tools during the school day;
- Where the digital curriculum being used with technology tools comes from;
- What factors influence purchasing decisions of tools and curriculum;
- Funding environment and primary sources for technology spending in schools;
- Technology initiatives that offer students 24/7 access;
- Technology initiatives that allow students to bring their own devices to school.