Getting Ready for the Common Core 2013-2014
The state-led Common Core State Standards movement spread throughout almost all of the states in 2010, and implementing the standards to make sure children graduate from high school academically prepared for college and work has been a major focus of those states and K-12 instructional materials and services providers ever since.
Implementation of new Common Core-aligned assessments is due to take place in 2014-2015 across the country.
With the focus on standards in English and mathematics of greater rigor than in the past and an emphasis on the integration of technology in learning and for assessment, Simba Information committed to research the readiness of school districts to implement the new standards and tests and what types of instructional materials are most in demand among teachers.
Partnering with MCH Strategic Data, Simba launched a survey of elementary, middle- and high-school teachers in early May. The results form the basis of the new report Getting Ready for the Common Core 2013-2014.
Topics in the report include:
- Current use and planned purchases of core and supplemental English language arts and math programs according to grade levels: K-5, 6-8, 9-12;
- Current and planned use of formative assessment, according to grade levels: K-5, 6-8, 9-12;
- Role of open education resources;
- Changing patterns of use for print and digital materials;
- Relation of district size and geographical area to the progress in moving to Common Core Standards.
Search for an exact word or phrase by placing the word or phrase in quotation marks ("market trend"). Search for different versions or tenses of a word by placing an asterisk at the end of the word (pharma*).
Please note that your term must be at least three characters long and numbers will be blocked by the # sign.