K-12 Reading Market Survey Report 2020
In K-12 Reading Market Survey Report 2020, Simba Information provides data on the U.S. market for reading instructional materials, including the projected dollar size of that market in 2020.
K-12 Reading Market Survey Report 2020 examines what reading curriculum resources schools use for instruction, assessment and remediation. Looking beyond what is being used, the report provides information on what components are important to educators when they consider reading resources.
K-12 Reading Market Survey Report 2020 is part of a Simba Information publication series reporting on the instructional materials markets for reading, mathematics, science and social studies. Where appropriate, statistics in the new report are compared to those in the prior publications. Also included are breakdowns of materials used in grades K-2, grades 3-5 and grades 6+.
The report is built on the results of a 21-question survey that was mailed to 20,000 educators in October 2019, and on Simba Information’s ongoing coverage of the instructional materials market. The survey mailing list included classroom teachers, reading teachers and curriculum/instruction supervisors. Data from the survey is provided in full in a lengthy appendix.
Topics analyzed in this new report include:
- core reading instructional materials used by publisher;
- supplemental materials being used by educators;
- reading assessments used to track student progress;
- how schools try to help struggling readers;
- leveling systems schools use to match materials with student reading levels; and
- websites teachers are tapping for reading resources.