Publishing for the PreK-12 Market, 2021-2022
Simba Information defines the major segments of instructional materials industry—core basal curriculum, courseware, state-level tests, digital supplements, print supplements, manipulatives, trade books, video and classroom magazines—and sizes the individual segments and the overall instructional materials industry, which Simba projects will come in at $9.31 billion in 2021.
The seven-chapter analysis in Publishing for the PreK-12 Market 2021-2022 focuses on market trends and the size and structure of the industry. Market conditions examined in the first half include:
- Enrollment, specifically COVID-19-induced changes: school choice, homeschooling, virtual schools.
- Connectivity issues and status at school and at home.
- Federal and state support for PreK-12 education.
- Impact of federal stimulus spending.
- Title I allocations.
- Variances in state per-pupil funding and per-pupil funding in the 20 largest districts.
- Fiscal 2022 funding initiatives in eight of the largest states.
- Sales by industry segments.
- Increased digital development.
- Upended testing plans.
- Operating performance of selected public companies.
- Stock performance of selected public companies.
- Preponderance of digitally-driven M&A activity.
- Acceleration of digital tools and online learning.
- New focus on social studies.
- Adjustments to state testing requirements.
- Projected sales of instructional materials by segment through 2024.
Search for an exact word or phrase by placing the word or phrase in quotation marks ("market trend"). Search for different versions or tenses of a word by placing an asterisk at the end of the word (pharma*).
Please note that your term must be at least three characters long and numbers will be blocked by the # sign.