Publishing for the PreK-12 Market 2017
Publishing for the PreK-12 Market 2017-2018Since the newest federal education law—Every Student Succeeds Act—was enacted in 2015, states have been devising implementation plans for how to best meet the needs of their PreK-12 students, and the instructional materials industry has been working on how to best help educators put those plans to work and to help students reach achievement goals.
Publishing for the PreK-12 Market 2017-2018 provides the most up-to-date data on enrollment and policy changes at the state and federal levels that are reshaping the school landscape for the coming years.
Publishing for the PreK-12 Market 2017-2018 also examines the strategies publishers are putting into effect and the new products that are emerging to meet the challenges and opportunities in the PreK-12 school market.
Simba Information projects the PreK-12 instructional materials market will reach $8.75 billion in 2017, and the new annual Simba report examines the challenges and opportunities confronting instructional materials providers, beginning with a drive to personalize education for each child, revamping testing policies, implementing new science standards and refocusing on career and technical education.
Publishing for the PreK-12 Market 2017-2018 is the latest edition of Simba’s annual comprehensive overview of the PreK-12 market and the instructional materials providers that serve it.
Topics in Publishing for the PreK-12 Market 2017-2018 include:
- Market size by media segment: basal core curriculum, courseware, digital supplements, print supplements, manipulatives, trade books, video, classroom magazines and state summative tests;
- Drivers of and challenges to growth by segment;
- Changing demographics of U.S. students;
- Trends in state funding for education;
- What subjects schools are spending on;
- The changing instructional materials adoption landscape;
- The pace of the uptake of courseware and digital supplements in schools;
- Detailed market data on schools—public, private, charter, home schools, and virtual schools;
- What companies have been sold; what companies might be
- Exclusive 2016 instructional materials adoption data;
- Competitive analyses of 11 leading publishers;
- Market segment projections through 2020.
Search for an exact word or phrase by placing the word or phrase in quotation marks ("market trend"). Search for different versions or tenses of a word by placing an asterisk at the end of the word (pharma*).
Please note that your term must be at least three characters long and numbers will be blocked by the # sign.