PreK-12 Testing Market Forecast 2016-2017
Attention: There is an updated edition available for this report.
PreK-12 Testing Market Forecast 2016-2017In the PreK-12 Testing Market Forecast 2016-2017 , Simba Information examines the academic testing market in schools, with an emphasis on the impact of the Every Student Succeeds Act, the states’ reexamination of their testing programs to find ways to streamline, the movement back to state-specific standards from the Common Core, and the uncertainty that reigns at the beginning the Trump era.
Key issues addressed in the report are the progress made toward the goal of having statewide assessments be delivered online, the quest to create innovative assessments, movement toward the creation of balanced assessment systems, and the increasing recognition of a formative assessment process as critical to learning.
This new edition of a recurring Simba examination of the academic testing market offers fresh insight in:
- The evolution of high stakes statewide tests
- Increasing customization in classroom-level assessments
- Progress in online testing at both the state and local levels
Topics analyzed in PreK-12 Testing Market Forecast 2016-2017 include:
- Growth drivers at the federal and state level
- Momentum in online testing
- Lead testing contractors by state
- Flexibility of funding sources
- Impact of federal education policy changes
- Impact of local groundswell for testing changes
- High schools at the center of change
- Shifting competitive landscape among testing providers
- Rise of teacher-created classroom assessments
- Computer adaptive testing
- Piloting performance assessments
- Projections of future growth by category through 2019-2020
- Capsule summaries of 25 leading PreK-12 testing providers
Scope of the Report
PreK-12 Testing Market Forecast 2016-2017 provides an overview of the K-12 academic testing market and its two key segments: 1) high-stakes statewide testing and 2) interim, benchmark, and formative assessment at the district, school, and classroom levels.
The focus of PreK-12 Testing Market Forecast 2016-2017 is on the impact of the redevelopment of state-specific standards and assessments in the wake of the Common Core backlash, and the uncertain political climate at the beginning of the Trump era.
Most of the information in this report came from exclusive Simba Information research. Some data and information is from respected third-party institutions and organizations.
The results of these interviews and Simba's own research were compiled and used to estimate market size and forecast academic testing industry sales growth, as well as to define industry segments and analyze trends in the academic testing market.
In defining the size of the testing industry, Simba limited its scope to materials whose primary purpose is to measure student achievement rather than to instruct.