PreK-12 Professional Learning Market 2016
PreK-12 Professional Learning Market 2016In the PreK-12 Professional Learning Market 2016 report, Simba Information examines the professional development segment in PreK-12 education, now often referred to as professional learning, for teachers, administrators, and other educators. The focus is on factors influencing change in the K-12 education market, challenges facing the PreK-12 professional learning sector, and the forces driving demand, both currently and in the coming years.
PreK-12 Professional Learning Market 2016 was developed through reporting by Simba editors and is not based on a survey. Providers of professional development for the PreK-12 education market and educators at schools, districts and states were interviewed and best-practices research was reviewed. Based on the research that included federal, state and local funding and spending data, Simba constructed current estimates of the $5.3 billion market and per-teacher spend, and market growth projections through 2020-2021.
Top trends in the ongoing process that is professional learning include personalization, professional learning communities and other mechanisms for collaboration, teacher-leadership, coaching and mentorship, and microcredentialing or badging. The increasing use of technology in the classroom such as digitized educational resources is generating its own demand for professional learning/training.
PreK-12 Professional Learning Market 2016 includes:
- How the K-12 education market is changing from a top-down process imposed on teachers to a more teacher-led, ongoing, job-embedded process;
- Federal, state and local spending on professional learning;
- Funding sources and individual teacher spend on PL;
- How the shift from NCLB to ESSA is driving the change in how professional learning is viewed and should be implemented;
- The role of online delivery;
- How publishers and ed-tech providers fit into the PD/PL landscape;
- The role of OER in professional learning;
- Where the biggest competition is coming from for commercial providers of professional learning;
- Case studies from NH, ID, FL, DC, Washoe County (NV) and a high school in Iowa;
Scope of the Report:
Search for an exact word or phrase by placing the word or phrase in quotation marks ("market trend"). Search for different versions or tenses of a word by placing an asterisk at the end of the word (pharma*).
Please note that your term must be at least three characters long and numbers will be blocked by the # sign.