Open Access Journal Publishing 2014-2017
What is “open access,” and how it is affecting academic publishing market? And, equally intriguing, what opportunities can publishers tap through the open access movement?
These and other cutting-edge topics are addressed in Simba Information’s report, Open Access Journal Publishing 2014-2017.
This report breaks ground by quantifying open access’ position as a fast growing subsegment of scholarly journal publishing. Simba created a financial outlook for open access journal publishing, including leading competitors’ performance through 2014 and market projections through 2017. The research underpinning this model was conducted in conjunction with a larger study of the overall market for scholarly and professional publishing.
Open Access Journal Publishing 2014-2017 covers the market, key competitors, and issues and forecasts. Topics covered include:
- Simba’s exclusive analysis of market size and structure
- Revenue and market share rankings of 10 leading global publishers
- Title and article growth metrics
- A profile of the top ten open access repositories
- A breakdown open access publishing in key geographic regions: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Rest of World
- A discussion of the market for non-English-language open access publishing
- Analysis of mergers and acquisitions
- Simba’s exclusive market projections to 2017 and more
- The future of open access megajournals
- The impact of open access in social science and humanities
- Examination of green, gold and hybrid models
- Open access, peer review and questions of credibility
- The impact on smaller publishers
- Long-term implications for costs across the OA ecosystem