Open Access Journal Publishing 2014-2017
What is “open access,” and how it is affecting academic publishing market? And, equally intriguing, what opportunities can publishers tap through the open access movement?
These and other cutting-edge topics are addressed in Simba Information’s report, Open Access Journal Publishing 2014-2017.
This report breaks ground by quantifying open access’ position as a fast growing subsegment of scholarly journal publishing. Simba created a financial outlook for open access journal publishing, including leading competitors’ performance through 2014 and market projections through 2017. The research underpinning this model was conducted in conjunction with a larger study of the overall market for scholarly and professional publishing.
Open Access Journal Publishing 2014-2017 covers the market, key competitors, and issues and forecasts. Topics covered include:
- Simba’s exclusive analysis of market size and structure
- Revenue and market share rankings of 10 leading global publishers
- Title and article growth metrics
- A profile of the top ten open access repositories
- A breakdown open access publishing in key geographic regions: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Rest of World
- A discussion of the market for non-English-language open access publishing
- Analysis of mergers and acquisitions
- Simba’s exclusive market projections to 2017 and more
- The future of open access megajournals
- The impact of open access in social science and humanities
- Examination of green, gold and hybrid models
- Open access, peer review and questions of credibility
- The impact on smaller publishers
- Long-term implications for costs across the OA ecosystem
Search for an exact word or phrase by placing the word or phrase in quotation marks ("market trend"). Search for different versions or tenses of a word by placing an asterisk at the end of the word (pharma*).
Please note that your term must be at least three characters long and numbers will be blocked by the # sign.