Open Access Book Publishing 2020-2024
This report explains the origins of the open access movement, gives a timeline for its development, but most importantly, Simba Information quantifies open access book publishing as a market segment. Simba used the information it gathered through primary and secondary research to develop a financial outlook for open access book publishing with market projections through 2024. This research was conducted in conjunction with a larger study of the overall market for scholarly and professional publishing.
Open Access Book Publishing 2020-2024 contains separate chapters covering the market, notable publishers and programs, and issues and forecast that include:
- Simba’s exclusive analysis of market size and structure
- Title growth metrics
- Open access book publishing by discipline
- A look at key geographic markets that are pushing the development of open access books
- Simba’s exclusive market projections to 2024 and more.
Examples of some of the issues discussed include:
- The continued evolution of open access
- The impact of open access in social science and humanities vs. scientific, technical and medical
- Prevailing business models and experiments
- Open access mandates spread to books
- Opportunity for monographs and conference proceedings
- Emerging markets fertile ground for open access.
Simba has a knowledge base from more than 20 years worth of perspective on these markets and the rapid changes in technology, the economy, mergers, partnerships and public policy that affect it.
Search for an exact word or phrase by placing the word or phrase in quotation marks ("market trend"). Search for different versions or tenses of a word by placing an asterisk at the end of the word (pharma*).
Please note that your term must be at least three characters long and numbers will be blocked by the # sign.