Open Access Book Publishing
Open Access Book Publishing 2016-2020In today’s global market, it’s more important than ever to understand the evolution of academic publishing. Rely on Simba Information’s Open Access Book Publishing 2016-2020 to build your strategy in this emerging market for this year and beyond.
This report explains the origins of the open access movement, gives a timeline for its development, but most importantly, Simba Information quantifies open access book publishing as a market segment. Simba used the information it gathered through primary and secondary research to develop a financial outlook for open access book publishing with market projections through 2020. This research was conducted in conjunction with a larger study of the overall market for scholarly and professional publishing.
Open Access Book Publishing Topics Covered:Open Access Book Publishing 2016-2020 contains separate chapters covering the academic publishing industry, notable publishers and programs, and issues and forecast that include:
- Simba’s exclusive analysis of market size and structure
- Title growth metrics
- Open access book publishing by discipline
- A look at key geographic markets that are pushing the development of open access books
- A discussion of the market for non-English-language open access publishing
- Simba’s exclusive market projections to 2020 and more.
Industry Trends in Open Access Book Publishing include:
- The continued evolution of open access publishing
- The impact of open access in social science and humanities vs. scientific, technical and medical publishing
- Prevailing publisher business models and experiments
- Commercial publishers go small—for now
- The impact of mandates
- Opportunity for monographs and conference proceedings