Open Access Book Publishing
Open Access Book Publishing 2016-2020In today’s global market, it’s more important than ever to understand the evolution of academic publishing. Rely on Simba Information’s Open Access Book Publishing 2016-2020 to build your strategy in this emerging market for this year and beyond.
This report explains the origins of the open access movement, gives a timeline for its development, but most importantly, Simba Information quantifies open access book publishing as a market segment. Simba used the information it gathered through primary and secondary research to develop a financial outlook for open access book publishing with market projections through 2020. This research was conducted in conjunction with a larger study of the overall market for scholarly and professional publishing.
Open Access Book Publishing Topics Covered:Open Access Book Publishing 2016-2020 contains separate chapters covering the academic publishing industry, notable publishers and programs, and issues and forecast that include:
- Simba’s exclusive analysis of market size and structure
- Title growth metrics
- Open access book publishing by discipline
- A look at key geographic markets that are pushing the development of open access books
- A discussion of the market for non-English-language open access publishing
- Simba’s exclusive market projections to 2020 and more.
Industry Trends in Open Access Book Publishing include:
- The continued evolution of open access publishing
- The impact of open access in social science and humanities vs. scientific, technical and medical publishing
- Prevailing publisher business models and experiments
- Commercial publishers go small—for now
- The impact of mandates
- Opportunity for monographs and conference proceedings
Search for an exact word or phrase by placing the word or phrase in quotation marks ("market trend"). Search for different versions or tenses of a word by placing an asterisk at the end of the word (pharma*).
Please note that your term must be at least three characters long and numbers will be blocked by the # sign.