Month-to-Month: Simba's Analysis of Bestseller Trends 2009
What categories did better in which months? What authors had a tendency to fall out of favor with buyers quickly and which ones had staying power? What imprints came out on top and when? Only this reference answers these and other questions regarding the increasingly complicated consumer book landscape.
- Exclusive month-by-month analysis of key categories: see which months favor which segments of trade books.
- A look at the succes of Stephenie Meyer and her Twilight series.
- Perspective on the meteoric success of William P. Young’s The Shack.
- Case studies of the romance segment and mystery & detective titles.
- Ranking of all of the top imprints, titles, and authors of 2009 to help determine “what sold well and when” throughout the year.
Simba senior trade book analyst Michael Norris has been tapped by the New York Times, TIME and USA Today to discuss industry trends and bestseller data for the publishing market. Have this firsthand intelligence at your fingertips to understand buyer habits, the most popular categories in today's market and where the strengths and weaknesses lie for the top imprints in trade book publishing today.
Search for an exact word or phrase by placing the word or phrase in quotation marks ("market trend"). Search for different versions or tenses of a word by placing an asterisk at the end of the word (pharma*).
Please note that your term must be at least three characters long and numbers will be blocked by the # sign.