Global Social Sciences & Humanities Publishing 2021-2025
This report provides an overview and financial outlook for this important publishing segment based on specific research and analysis of the leading competitors’ performance through 2020 with market projections through 2025. Simba has used the information it gathered through primary and secondary research to estimate company, market, geographic and individual delivery channel performance for 2020. This research was conducted in conjunction with a larger study of the overall market for scholarly and professional publishing.
The overall market and each market segment are divided into four content delivery channels: books, journals, online services (including abstracting and indexing) and other activities.
Global Social Sciences & Humanities Publishing 2021-2025 contains separate chapters covering the market, key competitors, and trends and forecast that include:
- Simba’s exclusive analysis of market size and structure, including impact of COVID-19
- Revenue and market share rankings of 10 leading global publishers
- A discussion of other leading competitors that are important to a specific publishing activity or geographic market
- Insight into the market for non-English-language publishing in the social sciences and humanities
- Analysis of mergers and acquisitions
- Simba’s exclusive market projections to 2025 by publishing activity and more.
Examples of some of the trends covered include:
- The impact of open access in the social sciences and humanities
- Social science and humanities research funding and library budget trends
- The changing face of international SSH publishing
- The challenges facing researchers in social science fields, including the use of big data and issues around peer-review and discoverability.
Search for an exact word or phrase by placing the word or phrase in quotation marks ("market trend"). Search for different versions or tenses of a word by placing an asterisk at the end of the word (pharma*).
Please note that your term must be at least three characters long and numbers will be blocked by the # sign.