Global Scientific and Technical Publishing 2013-2014
In today’s global market, it’s more important than ever to understand the dynamics of STM publishing. Rely on Simba’s Global Scientific and Technical Publishing 2013-2014 to build your growth plan for this year and beyond.
This report provides an overview and financial outlook for the global Scientific and Technical publishing market based on specific research and analysis of the leading competitors’ performance through 2012 with market projections through 2016. Simba has used the information it gathered through primary and secondary research to estimate company, market, geographic and individual delivery channel performance for 2012. This research was conducted in conjunction with a larger study of the overall market for professional publishing.
The overall market and each market segment are divided into five content delivery channels: books, journals, online services (including abstracting and indexing), newsletters/looseleafs/directories and other activities.
Global Scientific and Technical Publishing 2013-2014 contains separate chapters covering the market, key competitors, and trends and forecast that include:
- Simba’s exclusive analysis of market size and structure
- Perspective on which Scientific and Technical publishing products and services customers want most
- Revenue and market share rankings of 15 leading global publishers
- Geographic market sizing for the four major regional markets: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Rest of World
- Simba’s exclusive market projections to 2016 by publishing activity and more
- The demand for full-text resources
- The emergence of e-books
- Library cost pressures
- Emerging markets in China, Brazil, South Korea and India
- Open Access and the disruption to traditional business models
- Corporate demand for S&T content
- Experimenting with Peer Review
Simba’s Professional Publishing market figures are global in scope. It’s a global market. If you’re competing in one or all of these segments, the competition does not conform to lines on a map. This report, and the others in the series, is produced to help executives make decisions in this environment.
Simba has a knowledge base from almost 20 years worth of perspective on these markets. This is not a static industry. It’s one that’s affected by rapid changes in technology, the economy, mergers, partnerships and public policy and library budgets. Simba’s experienced analysts and daily on the ball coverage is the bedrock for these reports.
Search for an exact word or phrase by placing the word or phrase in quotation marks ("market trend"). Search for different versions or tenses of a word by placing an asterisk at the end of the word (pharma*).
Please note that your term must be at least three characters long and numbers will be blocked by the # sign.