Global Professional Publishing 2008-2009
With competition at an all-time high in the legal, business, scientific/technical and medical publishing industries worldwide, informed market intelligence on how publishers can capitalize on the most lucrative opportunities and avoid the most formidable challenges is more critical than ever before.
Global Professional Publishing 2008-2009 provides a comprehensive, analytical look at the overall landscape of the $28 billion global markets for legal, business, sci/tech and medical information.
This report helps publishers position themselves for growth by tracking and evaluating key trends, such as:
- Market size by subject: legal, business, STM;
- Market size by medium: books, journals, newsletters, databases/directories, online services/A&I;
- Segment growth drivers;
- Individual publisher strategies for growth online and in foreign markets;
- The effect of the open access movement on the professional publishing industry;
- Key mergers & acquisitions activity;
- Market share growth and business strategies of leading publishers.
The report offers a breakdown of industry revenue by major media (books, journals, online services/A&I, newsletters and databases/directories), and can be used to evaluate growth potential, understand trends affecting the industry, size the competition, review potential partner or acquisition profiles, examine revenue rankings and three-year forecasts, benchmark performance, and plan short- and long-term growth strategies.
Global Professional Publishing 2008-2009 is an essential tool for publishing executives, M&A advisors, market analysts, and industry consultants who need to understand the business strategies driving the professional publishing industry.