College Publishing Market Forecast 2007-2008
An all new edition of the leading and most-trusted source of market intelligence in the highly competitive $4+ billion college publishing industry -- College Publishing Market Forecast 2007-2008.
With the impending sale of Thomson Learning, the landscape of the college textbook market is about to change dramatically. Where will you derive information about market size, untapped opportunities, and how to position your company for maximum short- and long-term growth?
Prepared by the experts at Simba Information, College Publishing Market Forecast 2007-2008 covers all the major issues affecting the state of the college publishing market.
- The ongoing battle for market share between new and used books and its effect on pricing
- The continuing rise of custom publishing, electronic media and coursepacks
- The most recent developments in technology use in courses, from e-textbooks to clickers to iPods
- Simba’s exclusive ranking of the leading U.S. college textbook publishers by revenue and market share
- Top performing disciplines as well as top selling textbooks -- exclusive sales statistics provided by PubTrack Higher Ed
- Exploding growth for community colleges, postsecondary schools and distance learning
- Impact of international editions leaking into the domestic market
- Trends driving higher education funding
- Market forces shaping sales trends through 2010
In addition, College Publishing Market Forecast 2007-2008 contains detailed company profiles on the leading U.S. college publishers, textbook distributors and retailers, and infrastructure software providers.