College Course Materials Trends and Outlook 2019-2021
The College Course Materials reports from Simba Information provide an overview of the changing market for instructional resources in higher education in the U.S. in two parts that can stand alone or be read together as a continuum that provides a view of the college publishing industry and the market landscape in which it works.
College Course Materials Trends and Outlook 2019-2021 is now available and focuses on the trends building steam in 2018 that are likely to persist into the next several years. The report provides the outlook for the higher education publishing industry and sales segment projections through 2021.
College Course Materials Trends and Outlook 2019-2021 completes the first part of the total report—State of College Course Materials 2017—2018, which became available in December 2018 and focuses on two main areas: the current market landscape and the competitive environment for publishers and distributors of instructional resources for college programs.
College Course Materials Trends and Outlook 2019-2021 provides both sizing and context to the market segments of new course materials—new print textbooks and digital media (including etextbooks)—as well as the used textbook segment. Among the changing dynamics discussed in College Course Materials Trends and Outlook 2018-2020 are:
- Projected student undergraduate enrollment by institutional type, 2017-2027
- Changes in distance learning
- Progress of federal attempts to rewrite regulations governing higher education
- Potential concerns in state funding for higher education
- Changing strategies on how higher education should be delivered
- The emergence of credentialing in traditional higher education settings
- Adoption and adaptation of workforce development by traditional higher education institutions
- Increasing adoption of inclusive access agreements
- Publisher participation and control in textbook rental programs
- Niche-building by publishers of open educational resources (OER)
- Analysis of expected drivers of behind industry changes over the next several years
- Sales forecast of higher education course materials segments through 2021
Search for an exact word or phrase by placing the word or phrase in quotation marks ("market trend"). Search for different versions or tenses of a word by placing an asterisk at the end of the word (pharma*).
Please note that your term must be at least three characters long and numbers will be blocked by the # sign.