Children's Publishing Market Forecast 2012
Now in its sixth edition, Children’s Publishing Market Forecast 2012 continues its tradition of providing an accurate and independent perspective on where the market for children’s books is headed as well as analysis of market opportunities and pitfalls. How are publishers battling challenges such as an overall decline in reading, returns of unsold stock from retailers, the intensifying battle for shelf space, and the perplexing question of e-books pertaining to the segment?
Armed with an archive of trade book data that goes back more than 30 years, Simba’s team of seasoned trade book analysts examines the market for children’s books segment by segment, from youngsters to tweens to teens. In addition, Children’s Publishing Market Forecast 2012 provides high-quality, unbiased market intelligence on the publishing houses, and the entire retail landscape, from independent bookstores to online outlets to big box stores.
Gain access to exclusive statistics and analysis such as:
- An in-depth look at bestselling children’s books drawn from the USA Today, Publishers Weekly and New York Times lists, with breakdowns of top-performing titles, authors, imprints and a comprehensive category ranking of which books are selling and which are not.
- Children’s e-book trend data culled from Simba’s Trade E-Book Publishing 2011
- Expanded analysis of the most vital facet of children’s publishing: series books.
- Results from Simba’s surveys of independent retailers across the country rating different books and genres; as well as info on buyer profiles and behaviors.
- Exclusive five-year category trends for 15 major juvenile categories.
Children’s Publishing Market Forecast 2012 includes detailed strategic and financial profiles of companies such as Candlewick Press, Hachette Book Group, HarperCollins, Holtzbrinck, Houghton Mifflin, Penguin Group, Random House, Scholastic and Simon & Schuster.
This report is a critical tool in evaluating growth potential, understanding trends affecting the industry, sizing up the competition, reviewing potential partner or acquisition profiles, examining market share rankings of leading publishers, benchmarking performance, and planning short- and long-term growth strategies.
Children’s Publishing Market Forecast 2012 is essential for publishing executives, M&A advisors, market analysts, and industry consultants who need to understand the business strategies driving the children’s trade book publishing industry today.
Simba senior trade book analyst Michael Norris has been tapped by the New York Times, TIME and USA Today and other publications to discuss industry trends and bestseller data for the adult and children's publishing markets. Have this firsthand intelligence at your fingertips to understand buyer habits, the significance of series, and where the strengths and weaknesses lie for the top imprints in children’s and young adult publishing today.