Business of Consumer Book Publishing 2011
Business of Consumer Book Publishing 2011 is the latest edition of the venerable market intelligence report for the U.S. trade book publishing industry. This all-new edition contains the valuable consumer book information leading publishers, printers and retailers have come to rely on year after year.
As with past editions, Simba presents:
- A multi-year analysis of three major bestseller lists.
- Profiles of 20 leading publishers.
- Simba's signature strategic examination of 17 major subject categories (with a 5-year statistical analysis showing the growth of each), and an overall discussion of which ones are the likeliest candidates for growth in print and/or digital forms.
- Projections and insights on what categories will both drive and hamper market expansion.
- Fresh analysis and perspective about critical trends facing trade book publishers today, including the growing influence of e-books and the Internet on all parts of the publishing process, the challenge to encourage reading in a society increasingly pressed for time, and volatile pricing trends.
Once again, Business of Consumer Book Publishing 2011 features coveted demographic information, compiled from Experian Simmons' trusted National Consumer survey which determines exactly who’s buying the books and where they are buying them. This isn’t a survey of just consumers who buy books, but rather an independent analysis of the entire population, allowing buyers of this report to understand how everyone sees books, not just how ‘readers’ see them.
Our category analysis chapter provides title output, sales, case studies, and analysis of leading publishers and bestselling titles for the following subjects:
- Classic literary fiction
- Computers/technology books
- Graphic novels
- Health & fitness
- Political commentaries/current events
- Science fiction/fantasy
We include detailed strategic and financial profiles of companies such as Andrews McMeel Publishing, Dark Horse Comics, Encylopaedia Britannica, Hachette Book Group, Harlequin Enterprises, HarperCollins, Harry N. Abrams, Health Communications Inc., Hyperion Books, Kensington Publishing Corp., Macmillan, Meredith Corp., Penguin Group, Random House Inc., Rodale Inc., Scholastic, Simon & Schuster Inc., Thomas Nelson, John Wiley & Sons Inc., Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble Inc., Books-A-Million and Borders Group Inc.
Simba takes a measured approach to developing its market size and forecast figures, and presents its findings in a no-nonsense fashion. Our clients can count on the objectivity and accuracy of our numbers and analysis—whether they’re preparing a strategic presentation, benchmarking their company’s performance against that of their competitors, or seeking out an acquisition, a new partnership or an alliance.
Business of Consumer Book Publishing 2011 is the ‘state of the industry’ report and a must-have for any executive who wants to stay on top of a rapidly changing market-and see what’s next in this challenging industry.