Business of Consumer Book Publishing 2010
As with past editions, Simba presents:
- A multi-year analysis of three major bestseller lists.
- Profiles of 20 leading publishers.
- Simba's signature strategic examination of 18 major subject categories (with a 5-year statistical analysis showing the growth of each).
- Projections and insights on what categories will both drive and hamper market expansion.
- Fresh analysis and perspective about critical trends facing trade book publishers today, including the growing influence of the Internet on all parts of the publishing process, the challenge to encourage reading in a society increasingly pressed for time, and the price wars fueling competition between book superstores and big box stores.
Once again, the report features coveted demographic information, compiled from Experian Simmons’ trusted National Consumer survey which determines exactly who’s buying the books and where they are buying them.
Our category analysis chapter provides title output, sales, case studies, and analysis of leading publishers and bestselling titles for the following subjects:
- Classic literary fiction
- Computers/technology books
- Graphic novels
- Health & fitness
- Political commentaries/current events
- Science fiction/fantasy
We include detailed strategic and financial profiles of companies such as Andrews McMeel Publishing, Dark Horse Comics, Encylopaedia Britannica, Hachette Book Group, Harlequin Enterprises, HarperCollins, Harry N. Abrams, Health Communications Inc., Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Trade & Reference Publishers, Hyperion Books, Kensington Publishing Corp., Macmillan, Meredith Corp., Penguin Group, Random House Inc., Rodale Inc., Scholastic, Simon & Schuster Inc., Thomas Nelson, John Wiley & Sons Inc., Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble Inc., Books-A-Million and Borders Group Inc.
Simba takes a measured approach to developing its market size and forecast figures, and presents its findings in a no-nonsense fashion. Our clients can count on the objectivity and accuracy of our numbers and analysis—whether they’re preparing a strategic presentation, benchmarking their company’s performance against that of their competitors, or seeking out an acquisition, a new partnership or an alliance.
This ‘state of the industry’ report is a must-have for any executive who wants to stay on top of a rapidly changing market-and see what’s expected down the road.
Search for an exact word or phrase by placing the word or phrase in quotation marks ("market trend"). Search for different versions or tenses of a word by placing an asterisk at the end of the word (pharma*).
Please note that your term must be at least three characters long and numbers will be blocked by the # sign.