Business of Consumer Book Publishing 2009
Business of Consumer Book Publishing 2009 is the latest edition of Simba’s flagship market intelligence report for the U.S. trade book publishing industry.
This all-new edition contains the valuable trade book information leading publishers, printers and retailers have come to rely on year after year:
- Simba’s in-depth multi-year analysis of three major bestseller lists—the New York Times, USA Today and Publishers Weekly—featuring inside information about how and why the strongest titles, authors, imprints and categories performed as well as they did.
- Profiles of 20 leading trade book publishers, with updated financials and discussion of current strategic initiatives for each company.
- Simba’s signature examination of 17 major subject categories, with a 5-year statistical analysis showing title output and sales growth for each, as well as projections and informed insights on which categories will drive and hamper market expansion and which publishers will benefit most.
- Fresh analysis and perspective about critical trends facing trade book publishers today, including the growing influence of the Internet on all parts of the publishing process, the challenge to encourage reading in a society increasingly pressed for time, and the price wars fueling competition between book superstores and big box stores.
- Coveted demographic information—compiled from Simmons Market Research Bureau’s trusted National Consumer survey which determines exactly who’s buying the books and where they are buying them.
- And more
Our category analysis chapter provides title output, sales, case studies, and analysis of leading publishers and bestselling titles for the following subjects:
- Classic literary fiction
- Computers/Technology books
- Graphic novels
- Health & fitness
- Political commentaries/current events
- Science fiction/fantasy
We include detailed strategic and financial profiles of companies such as Andrews McMeel Publishing, Dark Horse Comics, Encylopaedia Britannica, Hachette Book Group, Harlequin Enterprises, HarperCollins, Harry N. Abrams, Health Communications Inc., Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Trade & Reference Publishers, Hyperion Books, Kensington Publishing Corp., Macmillan, Meredith Corp., Penguin Group, Random House Inc., Rodale Inc., Scholastic, Simon & Schuster Inc., Thomas Nelson, John Wiley & Sons Inc., Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble Inc., Books-A-Million and Borders Group Inc.
Simba takes a measured approach to developing its market size and forecast figures, and presents its findings in a no-nonsense fashion. Our clients can count on the objectivity and accuracy of our numbers and analysis—whether they’re preparing a strategic presentation, benchmarking their company’s performance against that of their competitors, or seeking out an acquisition, a new partnership or an alliance.
This report is a “must-have” for any executive who wants to stay on top of a rapidly changing market. Can you afford to make decisions without access to the same market intelligence that your competitors are using?
Search for an exact word or phrase by placing the word or phrase in quotation marks ("market trend"). Search for different versions or tenses of a word by placing an asterisk at the end of the word (pharma*).
Please note that your term must be at least three characters long and numbers will be blocked by the # sign.